Ethereum will soon switch to the Proof-of-Stake consensus algorithm. Ethereum ETH mining will be switched off.
- Update your Kryptex client to 4.23.0 to be ready.
- Do not switch off other algorithms and coins.
- This version automatically switches on all available coins and algorithms.
- From now Trex-miner can mine Ethereum Classic ETC and unlock the LHR for it.
What will happen if I won't update?
- During the merge to Proof-of-Stake, Ethereum ETH mining will be switched off. If other coins or algorithms are disabled, Kryptex won't be able to start mine, and your mining rig will stay idle until you do not manually switch the algorithm.
What if I don't want to update?
- If you don't want to update — switch on other algorithms, so Kryptex would be able to switch automatically after Ethereum ETH switching off.
What if I don't mine Ethereum ETH?
- If you are not mining Ethereum ETH — you may do nothing.
Or you can update your Kryptex app to get maximum profitability from Ethereum Classic ETC.
What if I use Hive/Rave/Pool for mining?
- You will have to switch your mining rigs manually to a different algorithm. We recommend you do that beforehand, for example on the 14th of September.